Friday, December 10, 2010

Boston Hardcore in Providence

December 3, 2010:

Let me premise this with I know NOTHING about Boston Hardcore. Nada. Neinte. It wasn't until about two years ago when I found out my landlord is the ex bassist of Gang Green that I even knew who Gang Green was.

So the past six months I've been going to a lot of shows that are nostalgic walks down memory lane for Boston born and breds. For me it was auditorially bad ass and anthropologically fascinating.

We got to Providence just in time for the second to last band: an awesome pop punk outfit called Man Overboard.



I did not spend my high school years listening to H20 on steady repeat, so while I was enjoying the maiden H20 voyage, people in the crowd were screaming the lyrics with such gusto their words resonated at the same volume as the microphoned lead singer. They. Were. Amazing.








My dude, despite being in tear-staking back pain, ended up crowd surfing and jumping back to back like a gazelle in the mosh pit for about 20 minutes. Nothing like seeing the man who is my rock freaking out with such fervor that could only be challenged by a 16-year old boy.





The past few months have been filled with incredibly shows--hope this trend will continue!

No comments: